The grappling hook shoots out a hook which attaches itself onto the first piece of terrain it touches, pressing up will withdraw the hook and the player will shoot towards the hook. Pressing down will lengthen the string so the player can move around. It can be unlocked at levels 10 - 20.
700 Coins for 5 ammo
|Max. Cost & Ammo||
69,300 Coins for 495 ammo
|Found in crates|
- Can prevent yourself from dying from Venus Monster Plant, Tongue Grab, Harpoon or Earthquake (ability) / Earthquake! (item).
- Can save you from Goos and Napalms
- Cheaper than Teleporter.
- Consumes a lot of time.
- Easy to be shot when hanging in the air.
- Easily affected by gravity, therefore having low power.
- If you are shot while using it, it will disappear.
- The hook will most likely be disbanded when either you or the hook was shot by a missile.
- In Practice Mode, when you have grappling hooks and have consumed all of them, using another one will result to the mini-icon of the grappling hook being x99. Shares the same situation with Teleporter.